Crown Square Woking GU21 6HR
Woking is getting the Blues
Surrey Blues Society in partnership with Fiery Bird are holding an inaugural Blues Festival at Fiery Bird Venue featuring some of the great soloists and bands on the circuit today. The event is raising money for the upkeep of the town’s only live music venue run by the community for the community to bring great music back in to the town whilst helping new musicians get heard and appreciated, supporting the community with affordable music lessons, workshops and creative activity for all ages; helping those isolated, lacking confidence or money to have a place to go where they can enjoy themselves and feel welcome.
Over two stages with plenty of opportunity to jam throughout the day as well as listen to the fantastic bands and soloists on the day – line up as follows with some links to their work, listen and enjoy what you can expect.
- Katie Bradley. The Voice Of The Blues, UK blues singer and harmonica player
- Saiichi Sugiyama Rock and blues guitarist and singer-songwriter with an organic vintage sound.
- Will Purdue Band Singer Songwriter
- David Skinner Blazing guitar work, seedy laments and drunken lullabies
- Blues Cafe
- Hot Wires Trashed-up blues and rock
- J Lee & The Hoodoo Skulls – Dirty riffs, stomping swamp percussion and gutsy vocals
- Bluestone Bills
- The Shakedowns
- Nika & Parrot Jam
- & a Mega Jam 🙂